What is managed WordPress hosting? In a nutshell, it’s WordPress-specific hosting that adds a number of convenient features to make it easier to manage, secure, and speed up your WordPress site.
Managed hosting isn’t so much a type of plan as it is a description of the service you’ll receive. While most hosting plans leave the majority of the work up to you, managed hosting takes some of the responsibility for keeping your site going off your shoulders. This makes it an intriguing option for many website owners.In this guide, we’ll start out by answering the question of “what is managed WordPress hosting?” in more detail. Then, we’ll discuss its pros and cons, and help you decide whether it’s right for you.
As the name suggests, it’s a plan where your provider ‘manages’ your site and server for you. This means it will take care of various key tasks, like updating your site, so you don’t have to.
There are no set criteria for what a managed plan should look like, so what you’ll get varies from provider to provider. However, most managed hosting options will:
- Take care of updates for you, and create frequent backups of your site for safekeeping.
- Scan your site for security threats, and react quickly to deal with any issues that arise.
- Handle performance optimization, to keep your site running fast at all times.
- Configure your server to meet your needs, if you’re on a VPS or dedicated plan.
- Offer staging sites to help you safely test changes and updates.
- Provide lots of support options to answer your questions.
WP Grid – Fastest Managed WordPress Hosting Provider in UAE, Dubai & Abu Dhabi. get Started For Free. Free 5 days trial, no card details required, free migration.